Kathmandu University Central Library (KUCL) is in Dhulikhel Campus, Management Library in Balkumari, Arts and Education Library in Hattiban, and for Medical Sciences KUMS Library in Chaukot, Panauti for Basic Sciences, for Clinical Sciences in Dhulikhel Hospital KUTH. All libraries hold books, video and audio cassettes, CD-ROMS, journals and magazines specific to the areas taught on their campus.
- To provide information for the fulfilment of the objectives of the university.
- To provide information for teaching, research and management of the university.
- To provide learning materials both in conventional and e-resources for study and research.
- To adopt ICTs in housekeeping operations of the library.
- To be a full-fledged modern library.
Collection of Information
KU library system has:
- 56,091 - Volume of books
- 2500 - CD-ROMs
- 200 - Videocassettes
- 125 - Journal titles and newsletters
- 75 - Audio cassettes